StarCraft 2 Official System Requirements
With the excitement of the coming StarCraft 2, sure it's easy to forget that you need to meet certain PC specs before playing the game.
These are the final specs, but Blizzard says something about "potential programming changes." This means it may change over time.
Minimum System Requirements:
* PC: Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX 9.0c
* 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
* 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better
* Mac: Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
* Intel Processor
* NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT or ATI Radeon X1600 or better
* PC/Mac: 12 GB available HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista/Windows 7 users, 2 GB for Mac users)
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution
* PC: Windows Vista/Windows 7
* Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870 or better
* Mac: Intel Core 2 Duo processor
* 4 GB system RAM
* NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT or ATI Radeon HD 4670 or better
So there you have it. Prep your rigs now so you can enjoy to the fullest StarCraft 2.
'Till my next installment.
[Image source: Meins Salzberg / Source: Big Download]
TJ Panganiban is currently the only TJS Daily team member—since 2008. A tech bro, he's currently slaving away his life at a top local telco during the day and does whatever by night.