Here we go again. Some of you may have known me for making the Tales of Graces menu patch. I never finished the entire menu due to the game being translated completely by another group, and I was satisfied with how much was done.
So, I decided to move on to this. This is only a menu translation patch. If someone else wants to be pro and translate the whole thing, kudos to them, but I'm just providing a patch that will help people play through the game for what they can. Don't expect it to translate EVERYTHING, but I will translate as much as I can. Please do not yell at me to translate "this" or "that." I am working at my own pace and getting as much done as I can. It is a CONSTANT work in progress, much like the Tales of Graces patch was, and you can expect big changes very fast. I will be releasing as I go.
I happily accept bug reports and suggestions. Feedback makes me happy and drives me forward.
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. THERE IS MUCH TO BE DONE.
PATCH RELEASE v0.02:
PATCH RELEASE v0.04:
PATCH RELEASE v0.08:
PATCH RELEASE V0.09:
-Translated a majority of the menus in general.
-Translated the rest of the battle menu (I was missing a couple after-battle messages)
-Translated the records menu (except for ONE thing I couldn't translate)
-Translated the rest of the status menu
-Translated missing button commands on random menus (Synopsis, Monster Book, etc)
-Translated most of the monster book. The only things left are categories and monster types (If someone can provide these it would be nice)
-Translated the password menu and all of its messages
-Translated party member messages (swapping positions, etc)
-A bunch of other stuff I can't remember
Update log for v0.09
-Translated MANY artes. There is a LOT of artes in this game, some with odd names. I was not able to do all of them in one go, but I did a lot.
-Fixed some skill descriptions and clarified them (Push Guard, HP Blaster, for example)
-Translated the rest of the item valuables. Every item in the game has an English name now!
-Translated the monster pen at the Narikiri house.
-Translated some more random menu messages.
You will need custom firmware to apply this patch.
1) Make a backup of your game in ISO form onto your computer.
2) Open UMDGen, and open your ISO.
3) In PSP_GAME/SYSDIR, you will see a file named EBOOT.BIN. Right click this file and click "Extract selected." Extract it to the same folder as your ISO. Note, if you are using the Prometheus module to load your game, you will need to extract EBOOT.OLD instead.
4) Open ppf-o-matic3.exe. Click the disk next to "ISO file" and choose your EBOOT file (you will need to use the dropdown to view all files).
5) Under "Patch", select the top patch ppf file, and click apply.
6) In UMD_GEN, go to File -> File List -> Export, and save the file in the same folder and name it "file_list.txt".
7) Click the EBOOT file in your UMDGEN and press your Del key. The file will disappear. Drag and drop your patched eboot file from your folder into the window. Ensure you see it in the window now.
8) Go to File -> File List -> Import, and select "file_list.txt".
9) Go to File -> Save As -> Uncompressed, and save the file as an ISO under any name.
10) Put the ISO on your PSP in the ISO folder and load it like you would load any other backup. Your game is now patched.
1) This game has some requirements to bypass to run on custom firmware. I will provide no support in doing this, only applying the patch.
2) This patch is confirmed to work on a PSP. If the game does not load for you, then something is wrong with your method of loading backups. I personally will provide no support in loading the game, but hopefully others will.
3) I will not help you get custom firmware on your PSP.
4) Nothing in the patch is final. Anything can be changed at any time for any reason.
PICTURES (may not be up to date):
I hope the patch helps you. :)
Let's thank Crevox for making yet another wonderful add-on that would drastically improve the game play of this otherwise undecipherable game.
For further updates, you could go check Crevox's nest. Or here. Anyways, here's the CW Cheats for Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X if you're interested.
'Till my next installment.