Many people have no idea on how to go to the PICC (Philippine International Convention Center) besides riding a taxicab. People go here for a variety of reasons. They go to the PICC to: 1) Go to the office of the PCSO (Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office); 2) Hold meetings and various activities and 3) Take oaths as licensed professionals of their respective fields of education.
So here's a detailed step-by-step guide on how to go to the PICC (Philippine International Convention Center) by means of trains, buses and a couple of jeepney rides:
1. Ride the MRT up to the Taft Avenue Station;
2. After going down the Taft Avenue Station, walk to the MRT-LRT connecting bridge. If you can't locate it, just ask people around. Now you're on LRT Edsa Station
3. Ride the LRT Edsa Station up to the LRT Vito Cruz Station. Go down the stairs after arriving at your destination;
4. You're now at the Vito Cruz area. Look for a building named Torre Lorenzo Plaza around the area. You can't miss it. It has a Starbucks chain on its ground floor. A couple of steps away from that building are a fleet of orange colored shuttle jeeps that would bring you to the PICC. The fare for one ride is P8.00.
5. Just sit down and hopefully after 10 minutes you'll be at the CCP.
Another alternative is a bus ride from Edsa, which while more costly, will give you the comfort of riding like a king, unlike in the MRT in which you have to power your way through. Here's the guide on how to go to the PICC (Philippine International Convention Center) by bus:
1. Look for a bus with the destination LRT Ayala. That's the only bus you need to ride. It costs P18.00 for a trip to the LRT Gil Puyat Station (thus the LRT on the bus placard);
2. You'll know you've passed the LRT Gil Puyat Station if you notice a huge JAC Liner terminal on your right side. Anyway, the bus staff will shout "LRT!" upon reaching your destination;
3. Once in the LRT Gil Puyat area, look for jeeps going to Divisoria. If unsure, walk to the LRT Gil Puyat entrance where lots of jeeps to your destination are waiting. Ride the jeep up to Vito Cruz. A ride to the Vito Cruz area by jeep will cost you P7.00;
4. Refer to step #4 at the above section. It's exactly the same step. By the way, orange shuttle jeeps look like this:
Congratulations! You now know how to go to the PICC (Philippine International Convention Center) by train and by bus! It's fun knowing how these routes interconnect with each other doesn't it?
Anyway, there's a couple more routes to the PICC but it's not worth it. I've tried it, and in the end the two routes I presented above are the most acceptable.
'Till my next installment.