The Philippine FDA (Food and Drug Administration, not to be confused with the US FDA), recently released a list of whitening products it banned from the Philippines because of excessive mercury content, the allowable of which is not over 1ppm.
Most of these banned whitening products do not have any labeling. Those that do show that they are imported either from Taiwan, Hong Kong, or China. The FDA has also noted that these products have "atrociously" high mercury content, some going as high as 28,600ppm.
List of Whitening Products Banned by the FDA Philippines
- Miss Beauty Magic Cream
- Miss Beauty Excellent Therapy Whitening Cream
- Dagette and Ramsdell Underarm Lightening Cream
- Lanmeirou 12 Days Whiten and Speckle Removing Suit
- Berglotus Spot Removing Series; Yoko Gentlemen Cream for Men
- Jonathan Clearing Facial Spots 12 Day Cream
- The Flower Woman 7-day Whitening and Spot and Night Set Cream
- Sara Glutathione Sheep Placenta Whitening and Anti-Spot Cream
- Aichun Beauty Green Tea Whitening Speckle Removing Series Cream
- Aichun Beauty Whitening Freckle Day and Night Cream
- BIB Night Cream Whitening Cream – 922
- Pretty Model Whitening and Freckle Removing (Day Cream and Night Cream-Set)
- Pretty Girl 10 Day Special Cream; Pretty Girl Green Cucumber and Ginseng Cream;
- Liliki Whitening Day Cream – 911
- Liliki Whitening Night Cream – 912
- New Miss Beauty Magic Cream
- Jiaoli Rejuvenation Essence 10 Days Speckle Removing
- Jaio Liang 7 Days Eliminating Fredkle AB Set
- Jiao Liang 10 Days Eliminating Fredkle AB Set
- Beauty Girl 6 Days Specific Eliminating Fredkle Whitening Cream Egg White and Tomato 3in1
- Beautiful Dream Whitening Anti-Speckle and Anti-Azne Kit
You should, as a concerned Filipino citizen, report stores that carry these FDA-banned whitening products. They will immediately be seized, the store noted, and you might even get a monetary reward.
The Department of Health tells that mercury is a known neurotoxicant, which damages the kidneys and many body systems, including the nervous, cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal, hematologic, immune and reproductive systems. That's a short way of saying you won't get white using these products. Instead you'll get sick.
Share or like this list of whitening products banned by the FDA Philippines to warn other people of this danger.
'Till my next installment.