It has been a couple of months since my last PSP update version, I believe I remained at 6.39 LME-2 for quite some time before deciding to upgrade to Neuron's latest CFW the 6.60 ME-1.4.
Anyway, updating CFWs is quite easy nowadays. Just a press of an application and it's done. Just like how I updated my PSP.
Unfortunately though, there's still some people that need help in updating their PSPs to the latest CFW. Believe me I had trouble upgrading myself before so I know the feeling of looking for detailed guides that would instruct me to update my PSP safely. Basically what I'm saying is, I'm here to help you help yourself.
Anyway, proceed below to learn how to update your PSP CFW to 6.60 ME-1.4:
Attention: 1) Not applicable for PSP 2000 v3, PSP 3000, and PSP Go!; 2) There's a low percentage of you bricking your PSP; 3) You won't find any links here because you can find them easily at other websites.
How to Update/Upgrade/Install PSP CFW to 6.60 ME-1.4
6.60 ME-1.4 Easy Updater by Neuron
PSP 1000/PSP 2000 v1/ PSP 2000 v2
Lower CFWs such as 5.50 GEN-D3, 5.50 PROME-4, 6.20 PRO-B5 etc. If you're running on Prometheus 4, go HERE to learn how to fix your 9.90 version.txt error
1. Download Neuron's 6.60 ME-1.4 easy updater off of the internet. It may have different names depending on where you download. You can confirm it's Neuron's 6.60 ME-1.4 easy updater if it comes packaged with a 6.60 OFW eboot.pbp.
2. Plug your PSP in the computer. Make sure that your battery levels are 80% above;
3. Copy and paste Neuron's 6.60 ME-1.4 easy updater in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE folder. If you don't have an UPDATE folder present, create one;
4. Unplug your PSP from the PC;
5. Run Neuron's 6.60 ME-1.4 easy updater on your PSP. Wait for a couple of minutes;
6. Congratulations! You're now officially at 6.60 ME-1.4!
Note to PSP 2000 v3, PSP 3000, PSP Go! users: If you want to update to the latest 6.60 CFW, grab Neuron's 6.60 LME-1.4 off of the internet and basically follow the instructions above.
But wait, what's the difference between the ME and the LME platform? Well, the ME platform are for the early PSP models while the LME platform are for the later models starting with the PSP 2000 v3. If you don't understand any of this, you can talk to me about it.
Now that you're running on the ME-1.4 platform, you can almost run anything sans any patch. You can also go in and out of the Playstation Network without worrying about anything.
But wait, did you know that you can install Team PRO's 6.60 PRO-B9 side by side with Neuron's CFW? Here's how:
How to Update/Upgrade/Install PSP CFW to 6.60 PRO-B9
6.60 OFW or 6.60 ME-1.4
PSP 1000/PSP 2000 v1/ PSP 2000 v2
6.60 PRO-B9 CFW Installer
1. Make sure that you're running on 6.60 OFW or 6.60 ME-1.4 and that your battery level is at least 80% and above;
2. Download Team PRO's PRO-B9 CFW installer over at their website. Extract;
3. Plug your PSP into your computer and copy the PROUPDATE, Fast Recovery and CIPL_Flasher folders to your ms0:/PSP/GAME. Disregard the SDK folder;
4. Unplug your PSP from your PC. Run the 6.60 PRO-B9 PRO UPDATE application. Press X to install the 6.60 PRO-B9 CFW
5. Congratulations, you're now on 6.60 PRO-B9! And in the case of 6.60 ME-1.4 users, congratulations, you're on 6.60 PRO-B9 even if you're running 6.60 ME-1.4!
Note: 6.60 PRO-B9 will reflash your PSP once you run out of batteries or shut off your PSP completely resulting in your PSP reverting back to 6.60 OFW or 6.60 ME-1.4, for the former being a hen-like, non-permanent CFW. To easily go back to 6.60 PRO-B9, run the 6.60 PRO-B9 updater again.
Sidenote: You should wait for the PRO-C, where X-Link Kai integration is ready. That means ad-hoc parties everywhere as long as you have WiFi connection. God Eater Burst party!
Well, high five for you successfully installing and updating your PSP to the latest CFW out there. I sure hope you didn't brick your PSP in the process though. And wow, look at that! A very long post indeed!
Don't forget, if this How to Update/Upgrade/Install PSP CFW to 6.60 ME-1.4, 6.60 PRO-B9 guide has helped you, share it to other fellas or like it on Facebook if you have one.
Thanks to Neuron, Coldbird, Virtuos Flame, and members of Team PRO for these. Sad to see Coldbird go.
'Till my next installment.
Searches related to how to update/upgrade/install psp cfw to 6.60 me-1.4, 6.60 pro-b9:
how to update psp cfw
how to install cfw in psp
how to avoid brick in psp while installing cfw
what is the latest cfw 2011