Cherry Mobile recently released an update patch for its Flare Android device. This will fix the device's G-sensor, add an FM Radio app, and enable the SMS landscape feature. If you've recently acquired your Flare though, chances are its already fixed as this software update is meant for earlier batches.
Get your device and prepare to update it by following the steps below, via the official Cherry Mobile Flare software update page.
Flare software update (146MB)
Flare software update (mirror site #1)
1. Save the update file to the root of the SD card. Turn off the phone. Make sure phone is charged atleast 15%;
2. Press and hold Power+volume Up for a few seconds. It will display first a green screen;
3. Release the button after the screen shows a red display to show the Android sytem revocery;
4. Select apply update from external storage' and select the update file. Use volume keys to select and power key to confirm;
5. The phone will update. After update is finish, select reboot system now.
Related: (Cherry Mobile Flare review)
Note: SD Card update will not erase multimedia files like photos. It will just erase saved application. It is also advisable to do Factory data reset after doing SD card update.
So that's that. Your Cherry Mobile Flare is now updated and fixed. If you run into any difficulties or issues do let us know by hitting the comments box below.