While we weren't briefed about the extent of capabilites of this app, I got a copy for myself—free on the Google Play Store of course—and tinkered with it for some time. And what I can say is, this is the company's answer to Globe's App Suite launched a few months ago.
The Smart Services app has four core features: News and promos, subsciber accounts and balance services, messaging, and support. And no, it doesn't have a movie ticket/seat reservations feature (which I am eternally grateful for because this movie ticketing feature seems to be taken for granted as most new local apps just cram and bundle it in with their services without a well-thought long-term implementation plan), but I digress.
Here's some of what the Smart Services app can do for you:
- Receive the latest news and happenings around the globe;
- Check prepaid and postpaid balances;
- Learn and sign up for the latest messaging and data promos;
- Send credits to other mobile numbers within sister networks;
- Sign up for and redeem rewards and discounts;
- Locate Smart stores near you;
- Connect to Smart Support;
To people that have already the Smart Services app installed, how did you find your experience with it?